PLEASE NOTE: All applications for courses must be completed online via booking bug.
- One application form (via booking bug) needs to be completed per applicant per course (please note that as part of our administration procedures and to avoid confusion, the information contained on the form, including the email address, must be that of the applicant).
- All applications need to be authorised by a line manager – where line manager is not required, this needs to be reflected on the application form and the reason why clearly stated (i.e. for some voluntary services).
Please note that we cannot accept bookings by telephone, email or application forms.
Scroll down this page to see links to the different courses available. After selecting a course, you will be taken to a page which includes the course description and a calendar with upcoming dates.
- Click on the book button next to the course you wish to book onto.
- Fill in the information required.
- Click ‘next‘. *You do not need to create a password to continue.
- Complete the application, either with typing or picking from the drop down boxes.
- When entering the address, it needs to be road names, town and postcode. If this is not filled in correctly this could affect your placement on the course.
- Click Confirm. This is the confirmation your booking has been completed and you have been placed onto the course.
Note: If you click on the book calendar buttons, this is not controlled by the Safeguarding Boards. If the course is cancelled, the entry will be still in your calendar as we do not delete the booking from the system.
Below are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) that we receive about our training.
Unless otherwise advised all training will be held at various locations across Cambridgeshire. Please ensure that you check your reminder emails for details as to timings and venue. Tea/coffee will be provided at all training sessions. Lunch is not provided at any training.
Certificates of Attendance?
Certificates of Attendance will be only be issued to delegates if they attend the whole of the training course and once they have completed the Impact of Training Review which they should receive approximately six weeks after the training session. Please be aware that if delegates arrive late or leave early, they may not be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.
Some courses may have pre-course literature which will be sent via email in advance for you to print off and take with you to the Training event. Please check you delegate confirmation details carefully
Safeguarding Partnership Board training is free to all agencies who contribute to the Safeguarding Partnership Boards budget (See list below).
- Peterborough City Council
- Cambridge County Council
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS England
- North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Cambridgeshire Community Services,
- East of England Ambulance Trust
- Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Foundation Trust
- Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- National Probation Service
Free training is also available to the following non-contributing agencies:
Education—including nursery, pre-school
At the discretion of the Head of Service of the Safeguarding Boards, agencies who contribute to the Safeguarding Boards “in kind” will be allocated free places on Safeguarding Boards Training. For those agencies who do not contribute the following fees apply:
£175 per person for a full-day course,
£90 per person for a half-day course and
£45 for a two hour course.
A week prior to the date of the training you will be sent a reminder email with directions. Should you be unsuccessful for your preferred date, you will be offered an alternative date for your chosen course or you will be added to the waiting list.
Places on courses are limited, so please inform the Safeguarding Partnership Boards Office by EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com at least 2 working days before the course date if you are unable to attend; otherwise a non-attendance charge will apply as follows:
£100 for a full day course and £50 for a half day course.
For non-attendance on the day of the course, the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Safeguarding Partnership Boards will follow up with delegates and line managers to ascertain the reason for non-attendance. In all cases it is important to advise the Business Support Officer for Training on tel. 01733 863747 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are off work unexpectedly and are unable to attend.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND TRAINING UNLESS YOU HAVE RECEIVED A REMINDER EMAIL (these are sent a week prior to the course). IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE YOUR PLACE TO ANYONE ELSE AS THERE ARE WAITING LISTS FOR ALL COURSES. YOU MAY BE ASKED TO SHOW A COPY OF YOUR REMINDER/CONFIRMATION EMAIL AT THE TRAINING SESSION.
ANYONE ATTENDING WITHOUT BOOKING WILL BE CHARGED THE FULL COST OF THE COURSE.
All of the information on the applications forms are kept on a Safeguarding Boards database for future Safeguarding Boards Training reference purposes and contact regarding evaluation of the Safeguarding Boards training, certificates for attendance and any charges. Should you wish to receive any Safeguarding Boards flyers regarding future Safeguarding Boards training, conferences and local practice groups you must let the Safeguarding Partnership Boards Business Support Unit know to add your details to our communication lists.
Please note all dates, venues and times though correct at the time of publication are subject to change. We will make participants aware if a change takes place.
Code of Conduct
In order for all participants to get the most from the training opportunities, please follow the code of conduct below:
- Please arrive on time.
- Please inform the trainer / facilitator if it is essential for your mobile phone to remain switched on (in silent mode)
- Be prepared to discuss the learning topic with colleagues, whilst ensuring confidentiality at appropriate times during the session.
- Reflect on the session and offer valuable comments by completing the evaluation form.
- Please do not attend a training course unless you have booked on to the course through the Safeguarding Partnership Boards process and received confirmation of your place or you may be asked to leave.
We want the learning experience to be effective, challenging and worthwhile. Therefore we will aspire to:
- Ensure that the facilitator is punctual, prepared and receptive to discussion and debate.
- Provide a learning experience that is relevant and informative which will enhance your prior knowledge and skills.
- Provide training which places the child/adult at the centre and promotes the importance of prioritising their needs.
- Ensure that all training creates an ethos that values working collaboratively with others, respects diversity, promotes equality and encourages the participation of children, vulnerable adults and families in the safeguarding processes.
- Provide an environment that promotes learning.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, all Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Safeguarding Board multi-agency training courses have been suspended until further notice.
When training becomes available, we will add details below until then please access our suite of virtual training here